Aloha & welcome to 6th Grade Health/Physical Education!
2nd Trimester 2020: "Health/PE Update" Newsletter Click here.
NEW INFO: Check out the 🙋🙋🏿🙋🏻ℹ️ Tutorials ℹ️🙋🏽♂️🙋🏼♂️🙋🏾♂️
tab to the right! Discover step-by-step videos ranging from how to do a certain homework assignment TO how to find your missing assignments in Google Classroom!
Check out the tab to the right called:
💃🧘♀️VIDEO LIBRARY: "Brain Breaks/Physical Activity Breaks"🕺🏃♀️
Brain breaks/physical activity breaks are perfect for this time of Comprehensive Distance Learning (CDL)! Whenever you want a morning stretch, you're in between classes, need a break from studying, or need to relieve some stress do one of these quick exercises!
- Open the Google Chrome web browser on a computer, laptop, or tablet (If you are using your own device from home, please download “Chrome” to access virtual classes.)
- Sign in to Google using your @jcsds.net account (not your personal account)
- 3 days of Health (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday) and
- 1 day of Physical Education (FRIDAY) - NEW Change starting 12/9/20: PE is now on Fridays for "Fitness Fridays" and not on Thursdays
- I love to eat sour things especially if dipped in vinegar. 😋🤤
- I was born & raised on the island of Kauai 🌺🏝🤙🏼 But the 1st time I surfed was when I was 19 on the Oregon Coast 🌊🏄🏻♀️
- I’m full Filipino & especially love lumpia, pancit & chicken adobo. 🇵🇭😋
- I love dancing 💃, relaxing & playing in the rivers with my family! ❤️This summer I went 10 different times to several rivers! 💦
- I bleed orange & black -Go Beavs! 🧡🖤 😜 I was an OSU Cheerleader for my 1st 2 years in college & I currently coach the Junction City High School Varsity Cheer team. 📣📣📣 *\o/* Go Tigers!!! 🐅
STUDENT SCHEDULES BY TEAM TEACHER (find out your Team Teacher at "Meet & Greet")
|PERIOD||Team Haffner||Team Harrenstein||Team Jacobo||Team Paull||Team Cope|
OMS Expectations and 6th Grade Classroom Norms
6th Grade Classroom Norms
Be actively engaged (listening, participating, cooperating, on-task)
Be prepared (on time, materials ready, muted)
Be in a quiet, safe space (avoid distractions)
Be respectful (respect yourself, your peers, your teacher)
Be open to learning (growth mindset)
"FITNESS TRAINING" Workout Videos
"DANCE/YOGA" Workout Videos
Watch the video to learn “Hip Hop Yoga”, the Romanian Folk Dance "Alunelu(l)" they do at the Scandinavian Festival, a "Scatter Square Dance", and a TikTok #shuffledance #footworkchallenge.
ADDITIONAL PE RESOURCES:
- Check out my "Virtual PE Classroom". Click on the tab to the right. Just click on pictures to access different links throughout the school year to stay active! 😎🌞
- Pre-recorded workouts from Spring Trimester 2019-2020 are located under the "Videos" tab or on this YouTube Channel to stay active during the year: https://bit.ly/2zau8Eq
- For a full list of "Darebee Workouts" go to the "Physical Activity/Family Resources" tab.
- Hiking Resources go to "Physical Activity/Family Resources" tab.